Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 09:50:02AM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I think it's easy enough to add a "bool ispartitioned" to TableInfo and
> use an ALTER TABLE or rely on the GUC depending on that -- seems easy
> enough.

Yeah, that would be easy enough to track but I was wondering about
adding the relkind instead.  Still, one thing that I found confusing
is the dump generated in this case, as it would mix the SET and the
ALTER TABLE commands so one reading the dumps may wonder why the SET
has no effect for a CREATE TABLE PARTITION OF without USING.  Perhaps
that's fine and I just worry too much ;)

The extra ALTER commands need to be generated after the object
definitions, so we'd need a new subroutine similar to
_selectTableAccessMethod() like a _selectTableAccessMethodNoStorage().
Or grouping both together is just simpler?
--
Michael

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
От: Japin Li
Сообщение: Re: Typo about the SetDatatabaseHasLoginEventTriggers?