Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 06:03:45AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 2024-04-18 Th 02:04, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>   Why usingFile::Temp::tempfile  here?  Couldn't you just use a
>> file in a PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::tempdir() that would be cleaned up
>> once the test finishes?
>
> That's another possibility, but I think the above is the simplest.

Are you sure that relying on Temp::File is a good thing overall?  The
current temporary file knowledge is encapsulated within Utils.pm, with
files removed or kept depending on PG_TEST_NOCLEAN.  So it would be
just more consistent to rely on the existing facilities instead?
test_json_parser is the only code path in the whole tree that directly
uses File::Temp.  The rest of the TAP tests relies on Utils.pm for
temp file paths.
--
Michael

От: Japin Li
Сообщение: Re: Cannot find a working 64-bit integer type on Illumos
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?