Re: Fix an incorrect assertion condition in mdwritev().

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix an incorrect assertion condition in mdwritev().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 03, 2024 at 03:24:07PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm confused - isn't using common/int.h entirely sufficient for that? Nearly
> all architectures have more efficient ways to check for 64bit overflows than
> doing actual 128 bit math.

Oh, right.  We could just plug in pg_add_u32_overflow here.  Funny
thing is that I'm the one who committed these toys with
__builtin_add_overflow(), still nobody has found a case where this one
would be useful.  At least until now.
--
Michael

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Fix an incorrect assertion condition in mdwritev().
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization