Re: Avoid possible dereference null pointer (src/backend/catalog/pg_depend.c)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Avoid possible dereference null pointer (src/backend/catalog/pg_depend.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 11:58:51AM +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> If we are looking for avoiding a segfault and get a message which helps
> debugging, using get_attname and get_attnum might be better options.
> get_attname throws an error. get_attnum doesn't throw an error and returns
> InvalidAttnum which won't return any valid identity sequence, and thus
> return a NIL sequence list which is handled in that function already. Using
> these two functions will avoid the clutter as well as segfault. If that's
> acceptable, I will provide a patch.

Yeah, you could do that with these two routines as well.  The result
would be the same in terms of runtime validity checks.
--
Michael

От: Mats Kindahl
Сообщение: Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: In-placre persistance change of a relation