Re: ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 02:43:30PM +0000, Andrew Longwill wrote:
> We’re using Postgresql 15.4 in AWS RDS. Since yesterday we have seen
> two occurrences where our PHP application becomes unable to connect
> to our RDS replicas. In the application logs we see the error
> "FATAL: could not attach to dynamic shared area". The RDS replica
> remains unusable in this state unless it’s rebooted.

I suspect that you have been hit with this issue:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAO6_XqqJbJBL=M7Ym13TcB4Xnq58vRa2jcC+gwEPBgbAda6B1Q@mail.gmail.com

A fix has been committed for it today by me down to v15.  This will
show up in the next round of minor releases.
--
Michael