Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()

От torikoshia
Тема Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
Дата
Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()  (torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-11-12 16:46, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 01:15:50PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> The comments added could be better grammatically, but basically LGTM.
>> I'll take care of that if there are no objections.
>
> The documentation also needed a few tweaks (for DEFAULT and the
> argument name), so I have fixed the whole and adapted the new part of
> the docs to that, with few little tweaks.

Thanks!

I assume you have already taken this into account, but I think we should
add the same documentation to the below patch for pg_stat_reset_slru():

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACW4Fqc_m%2BOaavrOMEivZ5aBa24pVKvoXRTmuFECsNBfAg%40mail.gmail.com

On 2023-11-12 16:54, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 08:32:34PM +0900, torikoshia wrote:
>> On 2023-11-10 13:18, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> I see no reason to not include slrus. We should never have added the
>>> ability to reset them individually, particularly not without a use
>>> case - I couldn't find one skimming some discussion. And what's the
>>> point in not allowing to reset them via pg_stat_reset_shared()?
>>
>> When including SLRUs, do you think it's better to add 'slrus' argument
>> which
>> enables pg_stat_reset_shared() to reset all SLRUs?
>
> I understand that Andres says that he'd be OK with a addition of a
> 'slru' option in pg_stat_reset_shared(), as well as including SLRUs in
> the resets if everything should be wiped.

Thanks, I'll make the patch.

> 28cac71bd368 is around since 13~, so changing pg_stat_reset_slru() or
> removing it could impact existing applications, so there's little
> benefit in changing it at this stage.  Let it be itself.

+1.

--
Regards,

--