Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/24/24 15:45, Tom Lane wrote:
> I was *not* proposing doing a regular review, unless of course
> somebody really wants to do that.  What I am thinking about is
> suggesting how to make progress on patches that are stuck, or in some
> cases delivering the bad news that this patch seems unlikely to ever
> get accepted and it's time to cut our losses.  (Patches that seem to
> be moving along in good order probably don't need any attention in
> this process, beyond determining that that's the case.)  That's why
> I think we need some senior people doing this, as their opinions are
> more likely to be taken seriously.

Maybe do a FOSDEM-style dev meeting with triage review at PG.EU would at
least move us forward? Granted it is less early and perhaps less often
than the thread seems to indicate, but has been tossed around before and
seems doable.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Improving tracking/processing of buildfarm test failures
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose