Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence

От Matt Gibbins
Тема Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 24/9/23 00:26, Tom Lane wrote:
Matt Gibbins <matt_gibbins@fastmail.com.au> writes:
Attached is the STDOUT messages showing the progress of the the process
to segmentation fault.
Not a lot of information there.  Can you get a stack trace from
the crash?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend

Also, if you're not on the latest minor version of PG 15, first
update and see if that resolves the problem.
			regards, tom lane

Tom

Thank you.

This is the extent of information I am able to obtain at the moment.
FYI the system is Linux canberramjg.ddns.net 6.1.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.52-1 (2023-09-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

The Debian version Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

The postgresql version installed is  15.4-2.pgdg120+1 which is the latest from the distro.

Have enabled stack trace for postgresql. Noticed an interesting problem with running the stack trace.

Of note my process is driven by remote execution of SQL queries via SSH tunnel.

When I launch gdb for stack trace on the server the process hangs.

Regards

Matt.

p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.25cm; background: transparent }

body,div,table,thead,tbody,tfoot,tr,th,td,p { font-family:"Liberation Sans"; font-size:x-small }a.comment-indicator:hover + comment { background:#ffd; position:absolute; display:block; border:1px solid black; padding:0.5em; }a.comment-indicator { background:red; display:inline-block; border:1px solid black; width:0.5em; height:0.5em; }comment { display:none; }

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Segmentation fault when running queries in sequence