Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column

От Peter Childs
Тема Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column
Дата
Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-general

On 05/06/07, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:28:00AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> If he is a CC customer, the system (which I am DBA of) bills his
> card directly, saving the customer much time and effort.

So surely what you have is a completely separate system that has
exactly one interface to it, that is signaled to provide a
transaction number and that only ever returns such a transaction
number to the "online" system, and that is very tightly secured,
right?

It is possible to make trade-offs in an intelligent manner, for sure,
but you sure as heck don't want that kind of data stored online with
simple reversible encryption.

Unfortunately you still need to store them somewhere,  and all systems can be hacked.  Yes its a good idea to store them on a separate system and this is an important part of designing your systems to ensure that the simple user interface is somehow limited.

Peter.

От: Ragnar
Сообщение: Re: Join field values
От: David Gardner
Сообщение: pl/pgsql debuging, was Re: debugging C functions