Re: pg_rewind fails if there is a read only file.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_rewind fails if there is a read only file.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/20/21 6:17 AM, Paul Guo wrote:
>> Presumably the user has a reason for adding the file read-only to the
>> data directory, and we shouldn't lightly ignore that.
>>
>> Michael's advice is reasonable. This seems like a case of:
> I agree. Attached is a short patch to handle the case. The patch was
> tested in my dev environment.

You seem to have missed my point completely. The answer to this problem
IMNSHO is "Don't put a read-only file in the data directory".

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Forget close an open relation in ReorderBufferProcessTXN()
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Installation of regress.so?