Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Stephen,

On 2016/12/08 22:35, Stephen Frost wrote:
>>> * The fact that there's no implementation of row movement should be
>>> documented as a limitation.  We should also look at removing that
>>> limitation.
>>
>> Yes, something to improve.  By the way, since we currently mention INSERT
>> tuple-routing directly in the description of the partitioned tables in the
>> CREATE TABLE command reference, is that also the place to list this
>> particular limitation?  Or is UPDATE command reference rather the correct
>> place?
>
> Both.

Attached a documentation fix patch.

Actually, there was no mention on the INSERT reference page of
tuple-routing occurring in case of partitioned tables and also the
possibility of an error if a *partition* is directly targeted in an
INSERT. Mentioned that as well.

Thanks,
Amit

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol