How to build with bigger WAL segment file?

От Clodoaldo Pinto
Тема How to build with bigger WAL segment file?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Since I have a database with a frequent and huge update batch, the WAL
segment file number is about 130. I suspect these files management
during the update is hurting performance. Is it likely? I'm using
Fedora Core 3 and checkpoint_segments is set to 64.

To overcome this I'm considering to make the WAL segment files bigger.
The segment file default size is 16 MB. How to build from the source
rpm to have bigger files, say 128 MB?

Regards, Clodoaldo

От: "Relyea, Mike"
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory error in 8.1.0 Win32
От: Tony Caduto
Сообщение: Re: Question about openSSL