Re: Testing of a fast method to bulk insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Testing of a fast method to bulk insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/4/21 8:44 AM, Shaozhong SHI wrote:

> Has anyone tested this one?
> A Fast Method to Bulk Insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres · Ellis
> Valentiner
> <https://ellisvalentiner.com/post/a-fast-method-to-insert-a-pandas-dataframe-into-postgres/>
>
> I tried psql_insert_copy method, but I got the following error message.
>
> to_sql() got an unexpected keyword argument 'method'
>

> Can anyone shed light on this?

method is a legitimate keyword:

https://pandas.pydata.org/docs/reference/api/pandas.DataFrame.to_sql.html?highlight=to_sql#pandas.DataFrame.to_sql

So there must be something about how you used it.

Pandas version?

The actual code you used when the error occurred?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Shaozhong SHI
Сообщение: Testing of a fast method to bulk insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres
От: Shaozhong SHI
Сообщение: Re: Testing of a fast method to bulk insert a Pandas DataFrame into Postgres