Re: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/15/24 15:55, Koen De Groote wrote:
> I've gone over all of
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logical-replication.html
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logical-replication.html> and
> the only mentions of the word "index" I could find was in relation to
> replica identity and examples of table definitions showing primary key
>
> Nothing is said about indexes. Maybe for good reason, maybe they are
> fully functionality immediately after replication?
>
> So the main question: Once a table is fully replicated, do I need to
> vacuum(analyze) that table, or are the indexes on that table already
> functional?

VACUUM/ANALYZE is not about making the index functional. The VACUUM
marks the space dead tuples occupy in the table and associated indexes
as available for recycling. The ANALYZE updates tables statistics to
help the planner make decisions on what query plan to use. On a fresh
table VACUUM will not be of much value, ANALYZE though will help by
creating up to date table statistics.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Koen De Groote
Сообщение: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: DROP COLLATION vs pg_collation question