Re: Show list of Commitfest Managers

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: Show list of Commitfest Managers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 22/03/2022 14:41, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 3/22/22 1:50 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Attached patch (based on a discussion we had in a group a few weeks ago)
>> adds the ability to add name and email address of every Commitfest
>> Manager
>> to the CF website. It was discussed that it should be shown who runs
>> or ran
>> a specific CF, and contributed to the success of every cycle.
>>

>> If the data is available for a specific CF, it will be shown:
>>
>>   * in the CF list on the home page
>>   * in an extra line on the CF page
>>

>> There is also specific page added which lists all CF and managers.
>>
>> The patch is an initial draft, open for discussion.
>
> Why do this instead of link to a wiki page? Editing the wiki would be
> a lower barrier to maintaining this.

The maintenance "barrier" is really just adding name and email address once
you create the next CF in the Django admin. And you have all the data in
one place.

This patch shows where the Commitfest Manager is, recognizing the huge
amount
of work people doing for this project. And it adds a contact option
right where it
belongs. The additional page is a nice touch and can be left out, but it
does not
hurt to have it.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Show list of Commitfest Managers
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Show list of Commitfest Managers