Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/1/22 3:01 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We are having a heck of a time getting PostreSQL utilities to honor
> home directories. For example, when I execute this script:
>
>      sudo -H -u postgres PGPASSWORD=${password} \
>          psql -h "${hostname}" -U "${username}" -d "${database}" \
>          --command="..."

Why are you doing this in the first place?

Just do:

psql -h "${hostname}" -U "${username}" -d "${database}" \
         --command="..."

and use .pgpass:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/libpq-pgpass.html

or set PGPASSWORD in your home env.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Jeffrey Walton
Сообщение: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?