Re: Need to install Postgres Version 14 in Linux server with Client and migration steps.

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Need to install Postgres Version 14 in Linux server with Client and migration steps.
Дата
Ответ на Need to install Postgres Version 14 in Linux server with Client and migration steps.  ("Rajamoorthy-CW, Thirumurugan 8361" <Thirumurugan.Rajamoorthy-CW@otsuka-us.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2022-05-09 at 06:46 +0000, Rajamoorthy-CW, Thirumurugan 8361 wrote:

Hi Team,

I need to install Postgres Version 14 in Linux server with Client and migration steps. Can you please provide me the installation steps document ?

PostgreSQL is kind of a do-it-yourself thing like all open source. No one is going to hand-hold you through all the steps of upgrading your particular environment.

1) contact your DBA or ops team.
2) Ask them to upgrade PostgreSQL

If you are the DBA or ops team, the PostgreSQL documentation is at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current

Pay particular attention to the sections on Backup and Restore and https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgupgrade.html.

And I would recommend you build a test server and try it there a couple of times first.

gl.

От: "Rajamoorthy-CW, Thirumurugan 8361"
Сообщение: RE: Need to install Postgres Version 14 in Linux server with Client and migration steps.
От: Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju
Сообщение: Re: Need to install Postgres Version 14 in Linux server with Client and migration steps.