9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch

От Henry C.
Тема 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch
Дата
Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

Using centos 5.x

I'm trying to upgrade (without having to dump/restore a 1.5TB db) from 9.0
to 9.2 using pg_upgrade, but am having a few issues.

1.  I ran into the (usual?) issue with ld libraries conflicting, so
renamed /etc/ld.so.conf.d/postgresql-9.0-libs.conf to blah, and reran
ldconfig, then I could initdb the new data/ folder.

2.  My 9.0 (old) db is using encoding/Collation/Ctype:
SQL_ASCII/POSIX/POSIX, and for the life of me I cannot initdb the new
(9.2) data/ folder to the same to ensure pg_upgrade works (currently keep
getting "old and new cluster lc_collate values do not match" error).

I've tried:  /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/initdb -D 9.2/data/ --encoding='SQL_ASCII'
--lc-collate=POSIX --lc-ctype=POSIX

but no matter what, I always end up with the same error "old and new
cluster lc_collate values do not match", since the Collation and Ctype
always end up with C, instead of POSIX.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to initdb the new data/ folder so I can
use pg_upgrade.

Thanks

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Compressed binary field
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch