Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/7/22 12:22 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
>> SHOW and current_setting() translate to human units, which is particularly
>> useful for some settings, like those with units of 8k pages.
>> Is it better to use that "cooked" version for display in the backslash command
>> instead of the raw view from pg_settings ?
>
> Oh, that's a good idea --- lets us drop the units column entirely.

+1

> The attached revision does that and moves the "type" column to
> secondary status, as discussed upthread.  I also added docs and
> simple regression tests, and fixed two problems that were preventing
> completion of custom (qualified) GUC names (we need to use the
> VERBATIM option for those queries).  There remains the issue that
> tab completion for GUC names ought to be case-insensitive, but
> that's a pre-existing bug in tab-complete.c's other GUC name
> completions too; I'll tackle it later.
>
> As for the name, \dconf has a slight plurality in votes so far,
> so I'm sticking with that.
>
> I think this is ready to go unless someone has a significantly
> better idea.

I ran the equivalent SQL locally and it LGTM. Docs read well to me. Code
looks as good as it can to me.

+1

Jonathan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?