Re: UUID generation problem

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: UUID generation problem
Дата
Re: UUID generation problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, October 5, 2020 10:53, Tom Lane wrote:

> That seems to show quite definitively that public is not in your
> search_path, which contradicts the current_schemas() result you
> gave earlier.  I continue to suspect that you are somehow
> confusing yourself by testing in different databases and/or
> with different user accounts.

Possibly.  I do not make any definitive claims at this point.  However, the
application properties of the DB connection are:

Connection=xyzCConnection[name\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca
{localhost-idempiere-idempiere_dbadmin},
AppsHost\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca,
WebPort\=8080,
SSLPort\=8443,
type\=PostgreSQL,
DBhost\=localhost,
DBport\=5432,
DBname\=idempiere,
BQ\=false,
FW\=false,
FWhost\=,
FWport\=0,
UID\=idempiere_dbadmin,
PWD\=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

This indicates that the DB name is idempiere and that the DB connection user
name is idempiere_dbadmin.

psql shows this:

[root@accounting-2 ~ (master)]# psql --dbname=idempiere
--username=idempiere_dbadmin
Password for user idempiere_dbadmin:
psql (11.8)
Type "help" for help.

idempiere=# \l
                                      List of databases
        Name         |       Owner       | Encoding | Collate | Ctype |
Access privileges
---------------------+-------------------+----------+---------+-------+-----------------------
 idempiere           | idempiere_dbadmin | UTF8     | C       | C     |
 lsmb_access_test_db | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
 postgres            | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
 template0           | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
=c/postgres          +
                     |                   |          |         |       |
postgres=CTc/postgres
 template1           | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
=c/postgres          +
                     |                   |          |         |       |
postgres=CTc/postgres
 testcompany         | lsmb_dbadmin      | UTF8     | C       | C     |
(6 rows)

The username idempiere_dbadmin does not exist in /etc/passwd.

idempiere=# \dx
                            List of installed extensions
   Name    | Version |   Schema   |                   Description
-----------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------
 plpgsql   | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
 uuid-ossp | 1.1     | public     | generate universally unique identifiers
(UUIDs)
(2 rows)

idempiere=# \dx+
      Objects in extension "plpgsql"
            Object description
 function plpgsql_call_handler()
 function plpgsql_inline_handler(internal)
 function plpgsql_validator(oid)
 language plpgsql
(4 rows)

      Objects in extension "uuid-ossp"
             Object description
 function public.uuid_generate_v1()
 function public.uuid_generate_v1mc()
 function public.uuid_generate_v3(uuid,text)
 function public.uuid_generate_v4()
 function public.uuid_generate_v5(uuid,text)
 function public.uuid_nil()
 function public.uuid_ns_dns()
 function public.uuid_ns_oid()
 function public.uuid_ns_url()
 function public.uuid_ns_x500()
(10 rows)

The idempiere database was created before I added the uuid-ossp extension. That
possibly bears on this matter.

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to execute the sql file in PSQL
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: UUID generation problem