Re: Does indexing help >= as well as = for integer columns?

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: Does indexing help >= as well as = for integer columns?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02 Feb 2005 00:58:17 -0500, Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
>I don't recall what the original motivation to rewrite the analyze sampling
>was, did having lots of dead tuples cause bad estimates in 7.4?

The original intention was to make analysing huge tables faster.  But
the patch turned out to be _slower_ for mid sized tables.  So it was
sold to the community as a way to produce better statistics for
relations with many dead tuples near the start.

Servus
 Manfred

От: Dorian Büttner
Сообщение: Re: psql terminal / quote-key
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problems / limitations