Re: pgbench - allow backslash continuations in \set expressions

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench - allow backslash continuations in \set expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Daniel,

>>  - if not, are possible corner case backward incompatibilities introduced
>>    by such feature ok?
>
> In psql, if backslash followed by [CR]LF is interpreted as a
> continuation symbol, commands like these seem problematic
> on Windows since backslash is the directory separator:
>
> \cd \
> \cd c:\somepath\
>
> Shell invocations also come to mind:
> \! dir \

Thanks for pointing out these particular cases. I was afraid of such
potential issues, hence my questions...

Would requiring a space after the \ to accept these be ok, even if it is
somehow a regression?

By the way, how does changing directory to a directory with a space in the
name works? I.e. does "\<space>" already means something for some
commands?

Given these examples, I'm not sure I see a way out to having continuations
on all backslash commands without really breaking some stuff... Or maybe
having continuations for some commands only, but this is exactly what is
rejected by Tom about my patch...

--
Fabien.

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgres 1 个(共 2 个) can pg 9.6 vacuum freeze skip page on index?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Improving RLS planning