Re: pgbench's expression parsing & negative numbers

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench's expression parsing & negative numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Andres,

>> There are some overflow checking with div and double to int cast, which were
>> added because of previous complaints, but which are not very useful to me.
>
> I think handling it inconsistently is the worst of all worlds.

Hmmm... I cannot say that inconsistency is a good thing, that would not
be consistent:-)

My 0.02€:

  - I do not think that updating pgbench arithmetic for managing integer
    overflows is worth Andres Freund time. My guess is that most
    script would not trigger client-side overflows, so the change would
    be a no-op in practice.

  - I think that pgbench has more important defects/missing features, to
    be fixed more urgently. Given the time patches spend in the cf queue,
    obviously committers disagree on this one:-)

Now ISTM that it does not harm anything to add such a feature, so fine
with me. Maybe the global compiler option removal is worth the effort.

--
Fabien.

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: procedures and plpgsql PERFORM
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping