Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Dmitry,

> Given that it's an open item for PostgreSQL 12,

I'm working on it, but slowly.

> I've decided to take a look.

Thanks!

> Indeed, looks like 6e5f8d4 introduced a subtle behaviour change, when
> hostaddr changes are not picked up for subsequent \connect's, and I
> don't see any mentions of it in the documentation.

ISTM that the documentation is kind of fuzzy enough to match both
behaviors.

> Although I guess it can be avoided by `-reuse-previous=off`, probably it
> makese sense to update the docs.

Yep, that is one option. The other is to revert or alter the subtle
change, but ISTM that it made sense in some use case, so I wanted some
time to think about it and test.

--
Fabien.

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw: unordered C includes
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Missing generated column in ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN doc