Re: Typo in pgbench messages.

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Typo in pgbench messages.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Daniel,

>> I think that the break of typographical rules is intentional to allow
>> such simplistic low-level stream handling through pipes or scripts. I'd
>> prefer that the format is not changed. Maybe a comment could be added
>> to explain the reason behind it.
>
> That doesn't sound like an overwhelmingly convincing argument to print
> some messages with 'X %' and others with 'X%'.

Indeed. The no-space % are for database loading progress and the final
report which I happen not to process through pipes and are more
user-facing interfaces/reports. The stream piping need applies more to
repeated lines such as those output by progress, which happen to avoid
percentages anyway so the questions does not arise.

So fine with me wrt having a more homogeneous report.

--
Fabien.

От: Georgios
Сообщение: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Some optimisations for numeric division