Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/16/2018 03:14 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

What does the community think about a community run, community organized, sub project for USER documentation? This type of documentation would be things like, "10 steps to configure replication", "Dumb simple Postgres backups",  "5 things to NEVER do with Postgres". I imagine we would sort it by version (9.6/10.0 etc...) as well as break it down via type (Administration, Tuning, Gotchas) etc...

What do we think?

​Politely tell them to buy some of the many well written books that are available on these very topics...

Politely tell them to buy a license to MSSQl...

Kind of misses the whole point doesn't it?

JD

David J.

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
От: Tim Cross
Сообщение: Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?