Re: What is the point of create or replace view command

От Chris Velevitch
Тема Re: What is the point of create or replace view command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/5/06, Joe Conway wrote:
> Chris Velevitch wrote:
> > But what about my original question?
> >
> >     "What is the point of the create or replace view command if you
> > can't change the
> >     column and data types?"
>
> -- create table t1
> create table t1(f int);
> -- create view v1 based on table t1
> create view v1 as select * from t1;
> -- create view v2 based on view v1
> create view v2 as select * from v1;
> -- attempt to drop and recreate view v1 with a WHERE clause
> drop view v1;
> -- attempt to create or replace view v1 with a WHERE clause
> create or replace view v1 as select * from t1 where 1 = 1;
> -- attempt to create or replace view v1 with a different WHERE clause
> create or replace view v1 as select * from t1 where 1 = 2;

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say as these examples
don't change the number of columns, type of column or column names. So
according to the description of the command, these will work.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group

От: Frank Finner
Сообщение: Re: 8.1.4: Installation ends up in endless recheck loops
От: Adam Witney
Сообщение: Re: does this mean i have a corruption?