Re: create view problem

От Chris Velevitch
Тема Re: create view problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/5/06, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Chris Velevitch wrote:
> > Why doesn't explain work with create views? There's nothing in the
> > documentation saying it shouldn't.
>  >
> No? The documentation for explain clearly states that the statement that follow the EXPLAIN
> keyword is "Any SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE, or DECLARE statement". I don't see
> CREATE (or any other ddl statement) in that list.

I stand corrected.

But, wouldn't you want to see the execution plan for the select
statement that appears in the create? And besides, a more meaning
error message should be generated afterall it's not a syntax error,
but a "that type of statement is not allowed in the EXPLAIN command"
type of error.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group

От: "Antonios Katsikadamos"
Сообщение: PROBLEM windows postgres installation
От: "Greg"
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostGreSQL automatically