RE: [External] Dropping connections

От Tarras, Tim
Тема RE: [External] Dropping connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Windows Defender is turned off and a 3rd party AV is being used.  We did ask about that and were told that would not be
theissue.  I would also think that I would be dropping the connection when I am on the Server itself which is not the
case.

I have attached the log files with the Errors highlighted in Yellow Go to last page in each one. In reading the whole
errorthe password authentication failed for the postgres user, which is not the user we are logged in as to this
database.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2024 1:35 PM
To: Tarras, Tim <ttarras@onalaskawi.gov>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [External] Dropping connections

On 6/26/24 10:44 AM, Tarras, Tim wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Underlying DBMS error [no connection to the server::SQLSTATE=å]
> [xxxxxxx.xxx.GDB_Items][STATE_ID = 0]
>
> X's replace actual names.
>
> Working with ESRI we found the following information in the logs :
>
> "*An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host*"
> where host is the PostgreSQL Server and "*FATAL: terminating
> connection due to administrator command*". The following PostgreSQL
> documentation provides more information about the same

I see *FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command*" and Windows my first thought is Windows Anti-Virus
programhitting the Postgres server.

Is there an AV program running on the Windows Server 2022 server?

It would also be helpful to get the Postgres log entries immediately prior to lines you show above.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com