Re: dblink Future support vs FDW

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: dblink Future support vs FDW
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/27/24 08:32, Dhritman Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my attempt to seek support at PostGreSQL.
>
> I know we can use FDW but our teams are right now considering dblink (
> it seems it is more performant when compared to FDW ) and we obviously
> do not want to end up in a situation where we develop something in few
> months and then we find that the PostGreSQL support is ending with a new
> version.

I would say that is highly unlikely. Even if it where to happen at some
point in the distant future you still have:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/dblink;h=03de20165973a346e2ce8e3c7fdfb11448487dd6;hb=HEAD

Open source code under a permissive license that you could keep running
with.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com