Re: pgsql: Get rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup process

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Get rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup process
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 04/11/2020 14:03, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> I'm thinking to remove the following code to fix this issue. Thought?
>>
>>       /*
>>        * We don't need the latch anymore. It's not strictly necessary to reset
>>        * it to NULL, but let's do it for the sake of tidiness.
>>        */
>>       if (ArchiveRecoveryRequested)
>>           XLogCtl->recoveryWakeupLatch = NULL;

That should work, but it seems a bit sloppy to leave it pointing to a
latch that belongs to a random process though.

> Or ISTM that WakeupRecovery() should set the latch only when the latch
> has not been reset to NULL yet.

Got to be careful with race conditions, if the latch is set to NULL at
the same time that WakeupRecovery() is called.

- Heikki

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix segmentation fault that commit ac22929a26 caused.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Remove useless entries for aggregate functions from fmgrtab.c.