Re: Foreign Key error

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Foreign Key error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/13/07, Jasbinder Singh Bali <jsbali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Pl/Perlu function in which I have written an insert statement in
> tbl_xyz.
> If there's not foreign key in this table, insert works fine.
> As soon as i make one of its fields refer to tbl_abc i.e field a in tbl_xyz
> refering to
> field a in tbl_abc, insert fails.
> Now the problem is, I can't see the actual error, i mean the place where it
> fails.
> Is there any way by which I can include a few lines of code that would log
> any error in a file
> whenever the insert fails.
Hmmm ... write debug output to a file in ~/tmp or
whatever as you would in any other perl program?
Syslog if you're tidy ;D

> Thanks,
> ~Jas
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Date style handling changes between 7.4.12 and 8.2.4
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Database performance problem