Re: question: knopixx and postgresql on flash drive

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: question: knopixx and postgresql on flash drive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/28/07, Mark <sendmailtomark@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ideally, I'd like to have all postgresql related files on flush
> drive. and OS on another device (CD). Database data will be small and
> I don't think I will run into the problem with a space.
>
> But how can I install postgresql (including all libraries) on flash
> drive? I remember that 7.4.X rpms always get installed into /usr
> which is ramdrive in my case. Is it possible?

Install from source.  You get to omit ssl which you probably dont need
and set the prefix in the configure statement...you will need to set
up your own startup script though, add the binaries to the path
yourself, and set your own PGDATA.

merlin

От: Stephen Harris
Сообщение: Re: Slow sequential scans on one DB but not another; fragmentation?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding