Re: 8.4 open items list

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: 8.4 open items list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> PQinitSSL broken in some use cases
>
> This is a hard case.  It's arguably a bug fix, but not one that we could
> back-patch.  I think we would have applied it by now if there were
> consensus on which solution to pick.

I think the consensus we were headed towards was wrong, or at least
not completely hashed out.  IMO, the correct solution to this class of
problem is a generic library initialization routine (PQinit) that can
handle things of this nature without breaking the ABI down the line.
This solution felt controversial, and I definitely don't want to hold
up 8.4 trying to get it right.

So, my vote is to document the issue for 8.4, and hopefully come up
with something better for 8.5.

merlin

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Should SET ROLE inherit config params?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Should SET ROLE inherit config params?