Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY and notification timing guarantees

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY and notification timing guarantees
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 2. Add an extra lock to serialize writers to the queue, so that messages
> are guaranteed to be added to the queue in commit order.  As long as

fwiw, I think you're definitely on the right track.  IMO, any scenario
where an issued notification ends up being deferred for an indefinite
period of time without alerting the issuer should be avoided if at all
possible.  Just to clarify though, does your proposal block all
notifiers if any uncommitted transaction issued a notify?

merlin

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication on win32
От: Jakub Ouhrabka
Сообщение: Re: Problem with 8.4 stats collector high load