Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2023-05-11 at 13:09 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> There is also the deterministic flag and the icurules setting.
> Depending on what level of detail you imagine the user needs, you
> really
> do need to look at the whole picture, not some subset of it.

(Nit: all database default collations are deterministic.)

I agree, but I think there should be a way to see the whole picture in
one command. If nothing else, for repro cases sent to the list, it
would be nice to have a single line like:

   SELECT show_default_collation_whole_picture();

Right now it involves some back and forth, like checking
datlocprovider, then looking in the right fields and ignoring the wrong
ones.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Kirk Wolak
Сообщение: Re: Should CSV parsing be stricter about mid-field quotes?
От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: RFI: Extending the TOAST Pointer