Re: Need Help On Upgrade

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Need Help On Upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/10/23 11:15, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded from postgresql 9.5 to 14.8. After the upgrade users were not
> able to connect due to password hash.
>
> The password encryption was on scram-sha-256. The password hash was on
> md5. in the pg_hba.conf file the authentication method was md5. I do not
> know why users could not connect because as per postgresql
> documentation, that should work.

1) You are going to have to be more specific about where and what the
settings are or where for both Postgres versions and the *.conf files. So:

Postgres 9.5

    postgresql.conf

       password_encryption  = ?

    pg_hba.conf

        Provide the relevant lines

Postgres 14.8

    postgresql.conf

       password_encryption  = ?

    pg_hba.conf

        Provide the relevant lines

2) Provide the error messages received when trying to connect.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Using "exit" to bring "goto" functionality.
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Need Help On Upgrade