Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries

От Mike Rylander
Тема Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2/1/06, Luke Lonergan <llonergan@greenplum.com> wrote:
[snip]
> This is actually interesting overall - I think what this might be showing is
> that the Linux SW RAID1 is alternating I/Os to the mirror disks from
> different processes (LWP or HWP both maybe?), but not within one process.

I can confirm this behavior after looking at my multipathed fibre
channel SAN.  To the best of my knowledge, the multipathing code uses
the same underlying I/O code as the Linux SW RAID logic.

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander@gmail.com

От: "Steinar H. Gunderson"
Сообщение: Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Planner reluctant to start from subquery