Re: One PG process eating more than 40GB of RAM and getting killed by OOM

От Jean-Christophe Boggio
Тема Re: One PG process eating more than 40GB of RAM and getting killed by OOM
Дата
Re: One PG process eating more than 40GB of RAM and getting killed by OOM  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Le 13/10/2023 à 15:12, MichaelDBA a écrit :
Turn off the OOM killer so you would get a nicer me ssage in PG log file instead of crashing the PG service.
vm.overcommit_memory=2

Did this and now the process dies much quicker (without seemingly consume all the available memory)... Also I can not launch thunderbird anymore with this setting...

Anyway, I also reduced work_mem to 128Mb

You can find the corresponding logs attached.

Thanks for your help,

JC

--

Jean-Christophe Boggio