Re: Upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 to 10.6

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 to 10.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 09.12.19 um 16:43 schrieb github kran:
> Hello PostgreSQL Team,
> I would like to know what would be the best way to do Database
> migration from PostgreSQL 9.6 engine to 10.6 by creating a new cluster
> in 10.6 and then copy data.
>
> Size of the cluster is 3.8 TB.
>
> 1) It would be a new cluster we want to create on 10.6 and then copy
> data form 9.6 and shutdown 9.6
> 2) Cluster today contains 1 master instance and another instance for
> reader
> 3) Can this be done without a downtime ?  what are the options I have
> to do this without making this complicated . We have about 30 -40
> tables to do the migration.

yes, you can use pg_logical from us (2ndquadrant). Please visit our
homepage, there you can find it for 9.6. There are also some
blogs-postings about all that in our blog.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: github kran
Сообщение: Upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 to 10.6
От: Albrecht Dreß
Сообщение: Re: Q: cert authentication and user remapping fails