Re: pgsql: Fix overread in JSON parsing errors for incomplete byte sequence

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix overread in JSON parsing errors for incomplete byte sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15.05.24 02:00, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 10:39:36AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I saw the same thing.  The problem is that there is incomplete dependency
>> information in the makefiles (not meson) between src/common/ and what is
>> using it.  So whenever anything changes in src/common/, you pretty much have
>> to do a forced rebuild of everything.
>
> Is that a recent regression?  I have some blurry memories from
> working on these areas that changing src/common/ reflected on the
> compiled pieces effectively at some point.

One instance of this problem that I can reproduce at least back to PG12 is

1. touch src/common/exec.c
2. make -C src/bin/pg_dump

This will rebuild libpgcommon, but it will not relink pg_dump.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Introduce new multi insert Table AM and improve performance of various SQL commands with it for Heap AM