Re: Update 3 columns w/ 1 function calc 3 values?

От William Leite Araújo
Тема Re: Update 3 columns w/ 1 function calc 3 values?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
2006/10/3, paallen@attglobal.net <paallen@attglobal.net>:
Hi all,

I am moving some of my old MS Access functions to
plpgsql.

My function was made to return coordinates, X,Y,Z
for a point along a curved line.  So it is not the
fastest of functions because it has to call and
query data from 3 different tables.  I used to
just create 3 wrapper functions for my main
function which would return the x, y, and z values
seperately but that requires the main function to
be called 3 seperate times.  So here is my bottle
neck.  Of course I need to update +50,000 records.

What should I do to speed this up.  What is the
best way to update 3 columns from one function
call.

     It's realy very hard say something without the involving tables schema.
     You can:
        - change the function to return x,y,z in one call only ?
        - join the tables?
        - what is the function language?

In MSACCESS I once rig the function to
cycle through the records with a curser but that
was slow and would crap out due to the shear number.

Thanks,

Phil

--
William Leite Araújo

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: paallen@attglobal.net
Сообщение: Update 3 columns w/ 1 function calc 3 values?
От: chrisj
Сообщение: Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp