Re: How to check whether table is busy or free before running theALTER or creating TRIGGER on that table

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to check whether table is busy or free before running theALTER or creating TRIGGER on that table
Дата
Ответ на How to check whether table is busy or free before running the ALTERor creating TRIGGER on that table  (Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 08/21/2018 06:25 AM, Raghavendra Rao J S V wrote:
> *Hi All,*
>
> We have thousands of tables. Out of these tables we have few tables.
> Which are busy some times. If I execute any ALTER statement or creating
> trigger on those tables I am unable to do it. How to check whether table
> is busy or free before running the *ALTER/DDL *or creating *TRIGGER *on
> that table in postgresql database.

Take a look at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/view-pg-locks.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Raghavendra Rao J S V
Сообщение: How to check whether table is busy or free before running the ALTERor creating TRIGGER on that table
От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: COPY FROM - to avoid WAL generation