Re: Policies -> Website patch

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Policies -> Website patch
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

On 2/8/19 8:06 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 1:06 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

>>> That's how it is in the current policy. I'm trying not to change them
>>> from the original (that's another task for someone, to review and
>>> update everything).
>>
>> Fair enough, makes sense.
>>
>>> I've also added the conference and NPO recognition guidelines to the index page.
>>>
>>> Updated patch attached. Thanks!
>>
>> +1 to merge this version of the patch.
Going through the patch and site flow, I would recommend a few changes
first, but also have a few questions (so -1 for now, but hopefully a +1
soon). First let me start with a navigation thing I noticed:

We now have "About => Policies" where these are listed, which replaced
the direct link to Code of Conduct + Committee. In the global footer, we
have "Privacy Policy | Code of Conduct | ...". I'll also note in the
list of policies on the Policy page, we don't have the Privacy Policy there.

So, here is what I suggest (and this is accompanied in the attached patch):

1. In the global footer, s/Privacy Policy/Policies/; leave CoC
2. With change in #1, I think it's ok if CoC is rolled into the Policies
page vis-a-vis the "About" nav, as long as we make it abundantly clear
how to contact in the event of any complaints.
3. Also updated the URL for the Privacy Policy to be consistent with the
others; added in a permanent redirect
4. Some reorganization of the Policies page
5. I removed "Recognition Guidelines" from the "Community" page as this
is now rolled into policies.
6. Wording changes (not in the policies themselves) to remove some
redundancy, make it clearer to users what things are, etc.

I also made a fix to the blockquote formatting, as it looked odd. On the
website itself, it was only being used in old press kits, and we
explicitly overwrite blockquotes for the documentation so that is not a
concern.

As a follow-up patch (which will not hold up this one), I will add links
to the different policies from pages where they are appropriate (e.g. a
link to the news policy from the news article submission page).

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: wiki editor Request
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Policies -> Website patch