Re: Idle connection timeout

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Idle connection timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2009/10/10 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>
> > Our TODO has:
> >
> >        Add idle_in_transaction_timeout GUC so locks are not held for
> >        long periods of time
>
> Awesome!  Thanks for the info Bruce.

This is quite a different thing though.  You were talking about idle
connections; the TODO item is about idle-in-transaction connections.
(Also, keep in mind that something being in the TODO list does not mean
anyone is planning to work on it.)

Oh, I see.  Yes, that is different.  In which case, I'd still like to see such a feature implemented as I imagine it could be useful for auto-killing connections not being used that are continuously taking some of the resources.

Thom