Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Am 23.01.2018 um 12:51 schrieb pavan95:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Yes I'm facing problem because of this huge WAL(archive log) generation. As
> it is seriously consuming a lot of disk space almost close to 50GB per day
> even if the DML's don't have that impact in this WAL generation.
>
> Previously the archive_log size is nearly 2 to 3 GB a day. Now with the same
> set of DML's how is it being generated to 50GB is my burning doubt.

Will so many wals continue to be produced?

> I just wanted to know how to stabilize this issue, as checking and deleting
> the archive logs on hourly basis is not a good idea.
Don't delete wal's!

> Finally, I'm looking how to reduce this back to normal. Thanks in Advance.

have you set archive_mode to on and defined an archive_command?
Wal-files will be reused after 2 checkpoints.
Is there something in the logs?

Regards, Andreas
--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Jean-Marc Lessard
Сообщение: RE: Inefficient full seq scan on pg_largeobject instead of indexscan
От: Pavan Teja
Сообщение: Re: 8.2 Autovacuum BUG ?