Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.4 install failure on Win XP Home laptop

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.4 install failure on Win XP Home laptop
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 7/13/06, Hyatt, Gordon <Gordon.Hyatt@joslin.harvard.edu> wrote:
I've searched the archives and found no helpful info, so I'll ask here.

I've successfully installed v8.1.3 on my laptop and was attempting to upgrade it to version 8.1.4 when I ran into the message indicating that the service could not be installed due to insufficient permissions to install services.  The actual message was: Service "PostreSQL Database Server 8.1" (pgsql-8.1) could not be installed.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

After I received the message, I attempted to install (and remove) other services I've written.  I was able to install and remove these services without issue.

I just double-checked and the account I'm signed in under has administrator privileges (the only account on the laptop that has such).  The only catch I can think of is that its name is not "Administrator".  I've encountered other software that refused to install if the account name was not "administrator" (regardless of actual privileges).  Is this now the case with postgresql?

Any suggestions?

If you are doing an upgrade then the postgres user should already be there.  Did you enter the correct password for postgres during the install?  You may want to check what privileges postgres has.  Not sure if this will help but is worth a look at.

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com

От: "Aaron Bono"
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 Unique Index Issue/Bug???
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 Unique Index Issue/Bug???