Re: Out of memory when vacuuming

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: Out of memory when vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 7/25/06, Szabolcs BALLA <szballa@confinsystems.com> wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded my server from 7.4.7 to 8.1.4 and when I want to run a vacuum
analyze verbose I've got this error message:
INFO:  vacuuming "public.lgevents"
ERROR:  out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 262143996.

My settings:
shared_buffers = 300000
temp_buffers = 256000
work_mem = 256000
maintenance_work_mem = 256000
max_fsm_pages =  250000
effective_cache_size = 614400

My server  has 16Gbyte memory, and kernel.shmmax = 4294967295
Do you have any idea why I got this error message

What OS are you using?

If you are using Linux, you may want to check the memory limits for the postgres user?  Try a "ulimit" on postgres.  I had similar problems on my Linux server.

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com

От: zz_11@mail.bg
Сообщение: startup script for FreeBSD 6.1
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Checking what is the current query running