Re: DB problem

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: DB problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am not sure if these option were supported with 7.3 (never used it) for logging but that does go good with 8.1 and onwards...

Why don't you install the latest PostgreSQL release and test that out?

-----------------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 12/26/06, vinayakr@vmoksha.com <vinayakr@vmoksha.com> wrote:
Hi,

We are using PostgreSQL 7.3 version, installed in linux system. Only DB is getting shut down 3-4 times a day. From my application end I get "Sorry too many clients" error.
Refering the FAQ I maximized the DB session limit to 200.

I think the logs are not enabled in my DB. So I set the following options in postgresql.con file

log_timestamp= true
log_directory=pg_log
log_filename=%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log
log_disconnections=true
log_hostname=true
log_statement=true

After restarting the system got the following error :
[root@localhost root]# su postgres bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: postgresql.conf:131: syntax error,
token="%" bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: postgresql.conf:131: syntax error, token="%" bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: postgresql.conf:131: syntax error, token="%" bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_directory' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_directory' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_filename' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_disconnections' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pg

When you install the DB, the logs are enabled by default?

Would you pls tell me still what setting need to be done?

Thanks,
Vinayak V. Raikar
Extn : 143

От: vinayakr@vmoksha.com
Сообщение: DB problem
От: "Harald Armin Massa"
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] DB problem