Re: multivariate statistics v14

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: multivariate statistics v14
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 03/22/2016 01:46 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Sorry, maybe I did not explain clearly. My question is, if put
> patches only 0002 to 0005 into 9.6, does it still give any visible
> benefit to users?

The users will be able to define statistics with the limitation that
only a single one (the one covering the most columns referenced by the
clauses) can be used when estimating a query. Which is not perfect, but
I think it's a valuable improvement.

It might also be possible to split 0006 into smaller pieces, for example
implementing the "non-overlapping statistics" case first and then
extending it to more complicated cases. That might increase the change
of getting at least some of that into 9.6 ...

But considering it's not clear whether the initial chunks are likely to
make it into 9.6 - I kinda expect a fair amount of comments from TL
about the preceding parts, who mentioned he might look at the patch this
week. So I'm not sure splitting 0006 into smaller pieces makes sense at
this point.

regards

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
От: Yury Zhuravlev
Сообщение: Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE